We offer roles for new positions at Direct Access regularly, as the demand for our accessibility and inclusion services has continued to increase. If you think you have what it takes to be part of the team, apply for the positions listed below!
We recruit solely on individual merit. We will interview all applicants who meet a role’s minimum requirements.
Architectural Access Consultant
- Title: Architectural Access Consultant
- Reports to: Head of Consultancy
- Hours: Part time and Full time considered
- Salary: Based on experience
- Location: Nantwich / Work from home (occasional international travel)
Working with our diverse portfolio of clients you will be part of integrated design teams providing expert advice and knowledge around relevant accessibility standards. You will be familiar with architectural drawings, commenting on proposals, developing reports and producing Access Statements to support planning applications. Provide recommendations for modification to improve access for disabled people. To evaluate design proposals in accordance with relevant other standards as appropriate.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Receive requests for architectural design appraisals, arrange and undertake appraisals within agreed timeframe.
- Complete reports, access statements, certification and submit for internal quality assurance prior to client submission.
- Undertake other consultancy work as directed including overseas architectural design appraisals that utilise British Standards.
- Provide occasional technical assistance and consultation to Access Consultant team.
- Promote the independent living and universal design philosophies.
- Work with Direct Access’ marketing team to identify prospective new clients and support engagement programs.
- Attend events in the UK to represent Direct Access and our services.
- Other duties as requested by Manager or Director.
Qualifications and experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Experience in architectural, accessibility, disability or advocacy fields. Evidence of demonstrated skill in application of accessibility standards. To have or be working towards National Register of Access Consultant or RICS certification.
Knowledge, skills and abilities: Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to use technology designed to document architectural reviews including Revit, DWG, AutoCAD and similar.
Working conditions: The role predominantly involves working from our offices in Nantwich or from home depending on location.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position and arrange an interview, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome video applications too.
Get In Touch
How can we help you today?
A member of our award-winning accessibility team will be in contact. If you would like to communicate in a specific way, please let us know.
77 Camden Street Lower,
Phone & Email
+44 1270 626222
77 Camden Street Lower,