This is an accessibility statement from Direct Access Group – FZCO.
Measures to support accessibility:
Direct Access Group – FZCO takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Direct Access website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Direct Access website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations we have sought to include as a determining factor in the design of our websites include The Authority Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG) 2.0, and the RNIB, See it Right, Printed Information Guidance.
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria. Some of our videos have sign language interpretation, and all web pages do not contain anything that flashes more than three times in any one-second period.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Direct Access website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Direct Access website:
- Phone: (727) 478-2652
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal Address: 4600 140th Avenue North Suite 180 Clearwater FL 33762
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility of the Direct Access website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
PHP: The core of WordPress is written in PHP, which is a server-side scripting language. All the server-side logic, including database operations, URL routing, and template rendering, is handled by PHP.
MySQL: WordPress uses MySQL for database storage. MySQL is a popular open-source relational database management system.
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language): The structure of web pages in WordPress is based on HTML.
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets): Styles and layouts are managed using CSS in WordPress themes.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Direct Access website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Direct Access website:
- Interpretation of imagery: Though most images on our website have alternative text for screen reader users, there may be some uploaded images that we miss and does not feature alternative text. However, we are undergoing measures to ensure that this problem does not persist. Please report to us directly if you encounter an issue.
- Color Contrast: Color contrast of images and text might be insufficient in some areas. This is due to the fact we are attempting to make our website as accessible as possible without compromising the aesthetic. We are continuing to investigate ways in which we can properly balance these elements. Please report to us directly if you encounter an issue.
- Skipped heading levels: The website has some instances of skipped heading levels. This means that the heading structure of the page is not logical or consistent. We are aware of the importance that websites should use headings in a hierarchical and sequential order and are therefore undergoing measures to ensure this doesn’t persist.
Direct Access assessed the accessibility of our website via a self-evaluation audit. As an organization that offers website access audits as a service, we take the accessibility of our own website very seriously, striving to achieve a good standard of perceivability, operability, understandability, and robustness in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1)
Feel free to explain your particular issue so we can investigate further and work to improve the highlighted issue by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by Direct Access Group – FZCO.